Tuesday 31 July 2012

"They said I am Bengali, I did not say it. I am a Spirit soul" - HH Bhakti Charu Swami


There was a Grand Initiation ceremony at the Bhaktivedanta Manor on Saturday, 28th July 2012,
where both HH Radhanath Maharaja and HH Bhakti Charu Maharaja gave initiations. My wife and I were greatly fortunate to be amongst the devotees who received initiations from HH Bhakti Charu Maharaja. We are very grateful to Guru Maharaja for accepting us as his disciples and pray to Shri Shri Radha Gokulananda to make us worthy of this honour.

After the Initiation ceremony and Yagna, arrangements were made in the library for both Maharajas to have Prasadam with about 12 other senior devotees who were present at the Manor. Fortunately I was nominated to be one of the servers. I would like to share with you the following brief conversation that took place during the honouring of Prasadam:
HHBCS: "Who made the Shrikhand? It is very delicious"
A devotee: "The volunteers at the kitchen"
Kulangana Mataji: "What type of food did Srila Prabhupada like?"
HHBCS: "Prabhupada like food that was well prepared. He also liked Gujarati food"
Kulangana Mataji: "Are you Gujarati?"
(Laughter in the room)
Someone said: "Bengali"
Kulangana Mataji: "As you are Bengali please tell us what are the characteristics of a Bengali person"
HHBCS: "They said I am Bengali, I did not say it. I am a Spirit soul"
Loud laughter and 'Hari bol' filled the room.
All Glories to our dear Guru Maharaja!
Sent by  : HG Mukunda Hari das [London]

No comments:

Post a Comment