Sunday 21 October 2012

Vyas Puja Offerings 2012

From Yadunath Dasa from New Jersey, USA

Dear Guru Maharaja,

Please accept my humble obeisance at your
divine, lotus feet. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all glories to
the most wonderful day of your appearance into this world.

In your honor, Guru Maharaja, I have written down a few brief thoughts on
connections.



You are my connection

Guru Maharaja

To reality

To the only life

That is worthwhile

You are my connection

Guru Maharaja

To my own heart

To my own fate

To my own peace


How can something,

Someone,

External

Connect me to something so deep within me?



Because I run away...

From my own heart

From my own fate

From my own peace

Because I’ve run away

For lifetimes, and.



Because you are connected

To the One deep within me

Who allows you to know me

Better than I know myself

And by your mercy

Your grace

Your sweet compassion

Generous heart

Humble soul

And love of that One,

And your love of that one who connects you,

You connect me

To that One

And in so doing

To my heart, fate and peace

To my home

To the only thing worth connecting to

I am connected to

By you


Thank you, Guru Maharaja, for your continued kindness upon this
insignificant
soul.

Your humble servant,
Yadunath das

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Yastele from Brisbane, Australia

Dearest Gurumaharaj,

Please accept my humble obeisances.  All glories to your Divine Grace.  All
glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Gurumaharaj, as each year passes, I gain insight into the magnitude of mercy
you have shown toward me.  The greatest gift you have given me is that of
Srila Prabhupada.  You have so wonderfully taught and instilled in me the
importance and necessity of having Srila Prabhupada in my life.  Throughout
the years, by your perfect example I have begun to understand that Srila
Prabhupada is the key element to any successful practice and endeavour in
Krsna consciousness.  I regularly depend on Srila Prabhupada in my daily
life and I know through his reciprocation in a variety of ways that this
'Prabhupada consciousness' will always keep me safe and protected.
Gurumaharaj, I am still very immature and am yet to fully comprehend and
appreciate this gift of Srila Prabhupada.  And as such I depend very much on
your continuous guidance.  You have so wonderfully co-ordinated my spiritual
development over the years such that Krsna consciousness has become a most
joyful and fulfilling venture.

Dearest Gurumaharaj, beyond you and Srila Prabhupada, I understand and can
relate with very little.  Besides, even whatever I do grasp of Srila
Prabhupada is only through your kindness.  It is very difficult for me to
comprehend and imagine the possibility of going back home back to Godhead
even in theory...  Therefore the summum bonum of all I wish is to simply be
at your service, life after life.  Wherever you are Gurumaharaj, I know
Srila Prabhupada is there.  I am thus most happy to simply endeavour to
serve you; for I know, in that, Srila Prabhupada would be pleased.  Thus
please continue to instruct and utilise me as you see fit.

Gurumaharaj, I miss your direct association daily.  For me, the best times
in Krsna consciousness have been with you.  Such is my situation at the
moment though, that I am occupied with university study, which I hope
provides a platform to offer something substantial to you and Srila
Prabhupada in the near future.  I beg that one day, I too am permitted to
play a part in the wonderful mission of Srila Prabhupada and Sri Caitanya
Mahaprabhu.

I pray that ultimately I will develop simply one ounce of the attachment you
possess of Srila Prabhupada and that come the culmination of my life, you
will be pleased with my efforts.  One of the inspirations which I always try
to keep in my focus is something simple.  I have been fortunate to receive
many hugs from you over the years.  And so, at the forefront of my mind is
simply that... I have always imagined the moment of coming back to you (and
as a result Srila Prabhupada) with a warm embrace.  It is the best feeling I
have ever had and simply want to remain there eternally.

Gurumaharaj, you are my role model.  You are the perfect representative of
Srila Prabhupada.  I am endeavouring to mould my life around your example.
On this day, I hope to offer you a renewed, escalated intensity to serve you
and in turn Srila Prabhupada.

Please grant me the ability and intelligence, to fully offer and dedicate my
life to Srila Prabhupada.

I have many faults and again will make many more mistakes; but please
forgive my offences.  Thank you ever so kindly for your continued tolerance
and patience in me.

Your insignificant servant,

Yastele


-------------------------------------------------------------------
From Devahuti from Kolkata, India

Dearest Gurumaharaja,


Please accept my most humble obeisances at Your divine Lotus feet.

All glories to *Srila Prabhupada*.

All glories to Your divine grace.


Dear *Gurumaharaja*, this letter that I am writing to You today, is after
deep reflections which were inspired by Your offering to *Srila
Prabhupada*on His
*Vyasapuja*. Although, I could start with the conventional methods of
conveying to You, what You mean to me and greeting You on this
*Vyasapuja*Day,  I choose to start with an excerpt from Your letter to
*Srila Prabhupada*:


“*I do not know how everyone felt at the time of your appearance on this
planet. Naturally it must have brought immense joy to everyone’s heart. At
that time all the stars and planets must have adjusted themselves in such a
way that everything became extremely auspicious, and demigods must have
showered flowers from heaven.*”


*Srila Prabhupada* is often called ‘*The Vaikuntha Man’* and the
description that You had put down, about His divine grace’s appearance,
mirrored it in my mind.  It made me realise that *Vyasapuja* offering is
not a mere show of one’s proficiency and the ability to glorify. It is
indeed the honest revelations of the heart. It is the only day when I put
down in words, all the things I would want to describe each day of my life.


Dear *Gurumaharaja*, in this letter I wish to describe certain things that
I have realised ever since, the 12th of October 2003, when you graced our
lives with Your presence. I had forgotten this date, but my younger sister,
*Vaidehi* still remembered every detail. She says it is the most important
day. It is the flood over the parched land. It is the spiritual renaissance
of my life and my world.


*The Knower, Sri Dhama Mayapur, June 2012: *

*
*

The spiritual master knows the heart of each person. He is vested with
spiritual potencies by the Lord. His purity and knowledge is unmatched. He
can read and hear what is in our thoughts and decipher every intention
behind our action.  The spiritual master is the representative of God.

[I received a phone call from my older sister, *Tulasi* *Manjari* *Devi* *
Dasi*, she had asked me to convey something to Your divine grace. Few
minutes from that call, I seated myself in Your quarters with other
devotees. As You inquired from everybody about their well being, I thought
to myself that it may not be appropriate to convey anything to You now,
while You were discussing general things.

Just then, You looked at me and said “*Devahuti*, do you have a message?”]


*The Reservoir of Knowledge, Calcutta:*

*
*

The spiritual master is replete with every form and kind of knowledge. He
is the master of the *Vedic* scriptures. He bears in His heart the absolute
truth and His life is dedicated in spreading the Holy name of the Lord. The
Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord *Krsna* resides in His heart. Hence,
He has perfect knowledge in every sphere.


[*Vaidehi* had just started writing poems. She would always present it to
You and You being very merciful would patiently read it. You would
appreciate everything about the poem and then point out to her, the little
mistakes that were made. On one such day, Your divine grace, began to quote
lines from various English poems. Then, You quoted lines from a beautiful
poem by *Sri Rabindranath Tagore*. Appreciating certain things about art
and literature, You said that even better, was a poem written by *Srila
Bhaktivinoda Thakura*. Not only did this poem excel as a piece of
literature but it was also soaked in the nectar of spiritual knowledge and
love for Krsna. ]


*Rigid and Gentle, Ujjain, 2009:*

*
*

The spiritual master never compromises with the standards set by the
scriptures. He trains the disciples to the mark made by the *acaryas*. He
installs in them the desire to receive the nectar, become humble and render
services. He strictly conforms to the standards for spiritual life and
rejects the unfavourable. Yet, He is very gentle in His dealings. A
disciple can eternally learn from every action of the spiritual master. He
loves Krsna and coming in contact with Him, the heart becomes purified.

[In the *Srimad Bhagavatam* class, You explained from *Srila
Prabhupada’s*purport different aspects of
*Krsna* Consciousness. Having delivered the lecture in *Hindi*, You invited
questions from the audience. Many devotees asked some relevant and thought
provoking questions. Then, Your divine grace gave me a chance to speak. I
asked my question in English, to which You gently said, “*I thought you
knew Hindi.*”  That crushed all my pride and I realised that it was very
important to take into account every minute detail. Humility is an
essential principle and ‘*attention to detail is a sign of love*’. The
gentle yet strict words that emanated from Your lotus mouth rectified all
that needed to be rectified and nothing more was ever required.]


*The Friend, Sri Dhama Mayapur, June 2012:*

*
*

The spiritual master can pacify one’s restless heart and put it in
*Krsna’s*lotus feet. He is very approachable and a person can share
with Him,
delicate issues relating to spiritual life. He is a great friend and
father. He is complete and can protect you. He is one’s eternal guide and
shelter.


[While talking to me, Your divine grace would ask about everything that was
going on in my life. Like a perfect father, You would inquire about
academics, my health and my spiritual life.

It is always easy to share with a friend. Similarly, I could reveal my
position to You and You would patiently hear about my spiritual life and
practices.

 After I had finished, You asked me, “*What does chanting amount to*”
indicating that you wanted me to answer as to what do the *Krsna* Conscious
practices culminate in.

While I answered, that it invokes our love and service towards *Krsna*,
establishing our eternal relationship with Him, you smiled. You asked me a
second question, “*Do you love Krsna?*”  Thereby, You gave me the essence
of all scriptures.

Whatever I may be doing, I have to remain fixed despite of several
disturbances: “*What happens when a young boy and a girl who are in love
have to go through many struggles? There love becomes stronger”*]


Dear *Gurumaharaja*, You have been touching our lives, each day. Although I
may fail to understand it, due to my foolishness, Your mercy shows in every
event of our lives. You have always been so compassionate and have cared
for every little thing. I still remember that You had called me personally,
while in *Mayapur*, after again reading the letter that I had written to
You in *Ujjain*.


My heart is contaminated with lust, anger and pride. I have been so
complacent that I have never put in sincere efforts to clean the mirror and
realise the real self – the soul, servant of the Lord.

My respect and love for *Srila* *Prabhupada* was awakened by You. I have
received the association of devotees in this lifetime, despite my
despicable conditioned, due to Your causeless mercy.


All I can confess today is that, some days, I fail to thank You and
remember You. But, I know that I will always feel helpless without Your
mercy. I pray that I never deviate from Your lotus feet, life after life.


Your insignificant servant,

Devahuti
---------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
From Krsna Sakha das and Divyangana Radhika dasi from London, UK


Dearest Guru Maharaj

Please accept our humble obeisances
All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Despite our constant forgetfulness of Krishna being the Supreme controller
and the material world being a temporary place mainly full of suffering, you
have always, bestowed your mercy upon us. In the past year, we have come to
you with several material problems but you have patiently and very lovingly,
taken time out of your schedule and reminded us of our eternal nature and
duty. There are no words to describe how grateful we are for your support.

Guru Maharaj, you have also constantly reminded us of the glories of Srila
Prabhupada and the trouble he had gone through to establish Krishna
Consciousness in the western world. This is certainly unprecedented but we
also appreciate what you and your godbrothers and godsisters have gone
through in the early years to ensure ISKCON successfully transcended many
obstacles since His Divine Grace's departure from this world. We feel very
fortunate to be part of Srila Prabhupada's family, time and time again we
have experienced the selfless acts of the devotees. We would be very lost
without this wonderful family unit ISKCON has created.

Recently you bestowed further mercy upon me by giving me second initiation
which has really enthused me in my service to Krishna and the devotees.
Being able to serve the Deities more closely in the association of senior
devotees has helped me understand how to serve Krishna the way He likes to
be served, which has only been possible by your grace.

Guru maharaj, we owe you so much and will never be able to repay all that
you have done, however, with your blessings and that of the senior devotees,
we will constantly endeavour to become 'good devotees' as you have always
requested.

Your insignificant servants

Krsna Sakha das and Divyangana Radhika dasi
(London)
-----------------------------------------------------------
From Narendra Krishna Das, Ragatmika Radhika devi dasi and Shivam from
London, UK


Nama Om Visnu-padaya Krishna presthaya Bhu-tale
 Srimate Bhakti Charu Swamin iti Namine
Nama Om Visnu-padaya Krishna presthaya Bhu-tale
 Srimate Bhaktivedanta Swamin iti Naminne
Namaste Sarasvati deve Gaur Vani Pracarine
 Nirvisesa sunyavadi pascatya desa tarine


Our Dearest Guru Maharaj,

Please accept our humble obeisances at the dust of your lotus feet on this
most
auspicious day of your Vyasa puja.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
All glories to All the devotees serving Srila Prabhupada's mission.

On this most Auspiciuos day of your Vyasa puja, we would like to thank you
for
all your guidance and keeping us firmly under the umbrella of Srila
Prabhupada's mission, by reminding Us to always follow Srila Prabhupada's
instructions and staying in ISKCON , no matter what happens.
Guru Maharaj, our most treasured moments are being with you, especially your
so
wonderful classes at the airport , just before your departure, again guiding
us
and reminding to stay within ISKCON.

Maharaj this shows your commitment to Srila Prabhupada and ISKCON , and our
sincere heartfelt wishes that we can try to serve you similarly.
Guru Maharaj please please please keep on guiding us and keep us under your
lotus feet forever


Your insignificant servants


Narendra Krishna Das

Ragatmika Radhika devi dasi

Shivam

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to add a comment to mention thanks for your post. This post is really interesting and quite helpful for us. Keep sharing.Marvellous post by the author..
    Performed puja online

    ReplyDelete