Monday 7 January 2013

Letter Bhaktin Carol To H.H. Bhakti Charu Swami Maharaja (Wonderful New Years letter for His Divine Grace)

Please accept my humble obeisences
All glories to Srila Prabhupada
All glories to Guru Maharaja
January 1, 2013
Dallas

Dear Maharaja, when when you first spoke to me at the Dallas temple,if I can tell you, I had been sad for three days. I was so sad. It had to  do with the death of the Pope. A mentor at the time had said the Pope
was a very evil man and that I should not think  kindly toward him. The mentor seemed angry with me and I was so sad. It seemed anothe sad idea on top of what seemed many sad ideas to me, since I didn't understand those topics and was new to the temple.

I had tears and was wandering around, wandering for three days. I happened to visit the temple the night that you later spoke to me. I walked in to the temple room to hear you speaking. You were speaking  -- about the Pope. I'd never heard anyone speak like you. You seemed to radiate love. And you spoke with love about the Pope. Without me telling you my thoughts your class answered my questions, you provided
explanation that soothed away the distress I'd been feeling. I knew I wanted to learn from you.

You left with several devotees and walked down the hallway. I followed behind. I didn't know if it was proper. I followed behind as you with the group walked up the stairs in another building. I don't know if I
had heard this somewhere else or what the reason that it was in my thoughts, but as I followed behind on the stairs I felt like a dog following it's master. I don't know how to explain this.

I had followed at a distance and the door was closed when I got to the top of the stairs. I knocked and was invited in to speak to you. I asked would you teach me. And you said you would teach me. I couldn't
believe it was happening! You were so kind, and good, to me who was so foolish and didn't know what to do.

I am so grateful you agreed to teach me, Guru Maharaja.

Thank you so much, Guru Maharaja

your servant
bhaktin carol

No comments:

Post a Comment